Guest Post: Blogger Interview with Lulu, The Bookworm

Hello my fellow blog readers, *waves*

I know I’ve been MIA lately, work has really been kicking my butt, but I’m going to try my absolute best to post everyday. Believe it or not that was one of my New Year’s resolutions “to keep my blog updated”… lets see if I can work justice :)haha!

So a couple days ago I did a fun interview with Lulu over at her blog, The Bookworm is here! Today I have the privilege of having Lulu stop by here at the Lovely Getaway. Lulu and I go back to last October. We both started our blogs around the same time and have helped each other out since then. GET TO KNOW HER! She’s super nice, smart and funny :) Thanks so much for agreeing to guest post, Lulu. You’re the BEST! And if anyone else out there wouldn’t mind answering a few of my questions, let me know! I’d love to get to know all you bloggers out there! So, without any further rambling on my behalf- I give you Lulu, The Bookworm.


Tell us a bit about yourself.
Sometimes the easiest questions are the hardest for me. lol. Well, I am fifteen and live in a small town in British Columbia, Canada. My hobbies include piano, reading, blogging, soccer, baking, photography, and gymnastics. I am a sucker for romance novels and movies, I am deathly afraid of clowns, I love the outdoors, and I am a bit shy :p I also am an aunt to 3 nieces and 4 nephews! I'm pretty easy going and I love to meet new people!

Why did you decide to start a book blog? What inspired you?
Well, one day I was looking for a description of a book, and you know how the internet is right? One click then another and another leads you all over the place. I ended up at Random Buzzers (a site for book lovers) and made a profile. Then sent out some friend requests, among them was Amanda from Amanda's Writings. I looked at her profile and low and behold she had a book blog. I asked myself, what is that? So I checked it out and liked what I saw. I really thought it would be fun so I started one of my own! Now we email and help each other out a lot! I am so glad I started one... you meet so many awesome people and get to share your thoughts about books! How awesome is that? So, in short... saw a blog, wanted one, got one, now I'm here :) And couldn't be happier!

If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?  
Instead of my original answer change it to: I would love to meet Janette Rallison. She sounds like the funniest, upbeat, genuine author... It would be the biggest honour. Some of her books are; My Fair Godmother, My Double Life,  and Just One Wish. One day I checked out her blog.... It was so hilarious! I always end up laughing at all her posts. 
Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://janette-rallison.blogspot.com/ Really, I advise you to check it out :)

What’s your all-time favourite read?
Ahhh I dread questions like this because I have so many! Well, one that I really enjoyed was Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. But then there's others like Girl Stolen, Prom and Prejudice, Matched.... list just goes on. Some people have that one all time favorite, I wish I did but I read so many good books its hard to decide. Sorry :(

What books do you currently have in you “To Be Read” pile?
I have Across the Universe by Beth Revis, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan, and I still have to finish up Matched by Ally Condie.

Do you have any “must haves” with you while you’re reading?
Must haves, hmm. I don't know if this classifies as a must have but I like to always have an open, fresh mind before and during reading. I like to have a drink of some sort beside me and a quiet room so I can get lost in the story. I hope that counts!

Lets talk boys! :) Do you have any literary crushes?
Haha never had to answer this one before. Ok, well really any of the main guy characters in a book are good choices for me (since they're usually smart, witty, handsome etc.)! Particularly, I liked Ky in Matched (even Xander is good), Elder in Across the Universe, Will Darcy from Prom and Prejudice, Dash from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares.... All of those I would consider my crushes :)

Is there any city/country you’d like to visit? Why?
YES! I would love to visit Greece, Alaska, or Ireland. Greece because of the landmarks and culture, Alaska because of the outdoor ruggedness and wildlife, and Ireland because there is so much green! (My favourite colour is green). Anyways, anything would be a step up for me, I've never left my province!

Finish this sentence "I can't live without..."
Books! lol. I can't live without my family, books, sports, oh and cupcakes!




Once again, Thanks so much for stopping by, Lulu. Hope you all have a great and happy Thrusday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me! :) It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the contrary, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :) I had a blast doing these interviews with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview! I loved the answers, and great questions!

    Haha, and nice answer to the last one. Who knew you couldn't live without cupcakes? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts