Review: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers


Title: Personal Demons (Personal Demons #1)
Author: Lisa Desrochers
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pages: 365
Challenge: None

My Rating:
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance, even her closest friends, and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him. What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy, all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul. But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them. -summary from goodreads.com

(This is the first book that's made me wish I had a 1/2 rating system. It should be 3+1/2 hearts.) 

It’s your typical good vs evil divine war, and Frannie’s caught right in the middle. This was such a fun and sexy read! I’ll admit; I did not like Frannie. She’s shallow and often times annoying. In reality, she didn’t deserve any of the hotness that is Gabe and Luc. One thing that really bugged me was her whatever’s. They would drive me crazy! I found myself literally screaming, “Come on… Give him a real answer!” or “Don’t you dare whatever him!” 😒 One thing that did make up for her shallowness was her relationship with her grandpa and the journal she kept for her dead brother. Those two aspects gave her a humble and caring personality.  

The plot was great with a very nice (surprising) twist at the end. Gabe is your typical guardian angel; wants the best for Frannie, even if that means moving over so Luc can come into the picture. Gosh, I want my own hot guardian angel! Luc is hot hot hot! I loved him. I found the love that Luc suddenly feels for Frannie a bit unbelievable at first, but then a couple of things are revealed and all loose ends are tied up. 

4 comments:

  1. Haha sinfully sexy! Love it!
    And that is the perfect way to describe this book.
    I am counting down the days til Original Sin. I need more Gabe in my life! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, liking the sound of this book if only for the male leads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. luc, luc, luc, luc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica- I'll admit, Gabe was one of the main reasons I kept reading :) and im super glad I did. It was a very good read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts