Guest Post: Blogger interview with Tessa


 

Hello my fellow blog readers,


Today I have the honor of having Tessa, from The Bookshelf of T.B, stop by for a Blogger interview. I love getting to know new bloggers, and interviewing them is a great way to know more about the person behind the blog. If you have some spare time, head on over to her blog. Her reviews are most helpful and always spoiler free. She may be a young blogger, but this girl can write! Well ladies (& gents) I introduce to you- Tessa!

Tell us a bit about yourself?

Hi! My name is Tessa, and I'm an eighth grader in middle school! I love to read and run, both which I pursue with a passion. Some fun facts about me are:
-Teal is my favorite color
-I love cookies n' cream ice cream
-I'm the youngest
-I never, ever thought that I would start a blog, but I did!
-I want to be a news anchor on Good Morning America when I am older, and an author of YA books

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start your blog?
I have been blogging since August 1, 2010, so for seven months now. Surprisingly, my grandpa was the one who planted the idea of starting a blog inside my head. I was over at his house, and we had been talking about how I wanted to get serious about writing, as I want to be an author when I am older. He suggested that I start a blog. When I got home and told my parents about the idea, they were all for it! I was so amazed that they had said yes, but I wasn't one to argue. My parents have supported me since the beginning, and they are always there when I need them. I'm so glad I joined the blogging world, all thanks to my grandpa!

I love reading your reviews, and I know they are always spoiler free (something I find super hard!). Do you find it hard to write a review without giving "too much" away?
Aww, thanks! Yes, it's always a challenge to not give too much away, because I really don't want to spoil the book for the reader. I also want them to be intrigued and left wanting more. I try to use the book jacket as a guide, but in the end, I want my summary to be original and captivating. The hardest part is writing the first paragraph, because that is where I really want to get the reader hooked.

Being a true teenager (not an oldie, like me)- do you think that gives you an advantage or possibly a disadvantage when it comes to blogging and/or reviewing?

Well, I think I see things from a different perspective. Being a teenager, when I read a book, I pick up on different aspects of the story compared to an adult. Also, I'm still a young teen so I always enjoy reading the reviews of adults and older teenagers. When it comes to blogging I definitely think this gives me a disadvantage. Many would think that I have a ton of time to blog and write reviews, but I don't. Time is always slipping away from me. I have to go to school, do homework, and I have many extracurricular activities that I participate in such as running. I don't know how I have time for everything, but somehow it works out.

What meme's do you enjoy? Do you participate in any?
I actually don't participate in any memes, though I do enjoy reading them on other blogs. Some of the memes I'm not that interested in, but others such as In My Mailbox Monday, or Teaser Tuesday do look fun. The only problem is, I don't have too much time to incorporate those into my blog, and I feel like if I participate in too many, that it will take away from my blog itself and the review side of it.

Who is your favorite author?
This is a tough one. I don't think I really have a favorite author, but I do have many that I enjoy immensely. To name a few, Suzanne Collins, Markus Zusak, Scott Westerfeld, James Dashner, Nancy Farmer, J.K. Rowling, and Neal Shusterman. However, it's not only an author's writing that I enjoy, but it is so much fun to talk to and get to know authors. Many of them are so humble, and they truly do inspire me. Authors such as Eden Unger Bowditch, Terry Lynn Johnson, and Richard Harland are amazingly supportive and they're the best!

What things do you enjoy doing, besides reading?
I love to run! I'm more of a distance runner, although I do enjoy sprinting. I've only been running for two years, but I hope to continue on my track-and-field team and cross country team in high school as well. I also enjoy baking and cooking. Whenever a get-together comes around at our house, I always volunteer to make some delicious food!

Do you only read YA? Any other genre you enjoy?
I primarily read young adult, but I also enjoy middle grade books. I think this is because I was so passionate about reading, even when I was younger, that I don't want to stop reading the types of books that enjoyed as a kid. Many middle grade books are so wonderful, that I don't think that they should be forgotten! My absolute favorite genre would have to be dystopian though.

What do you hope to accomplish with your book blog beyond sharing your love of books?
I would really like to promote good literature, and all kinds of books for young readers. I really want my blog to help me with my writing as well, as it is such an important thing to me. I guess I want my blog to represent me, and to thrive!


Once again, Thanks so much for stopping by, Tessa. Your the Best! Btw, I'm super jealous of your baking skills. I tried making a fancy dish the other day and I failed miserably... but I'll be sure to keep practicing ;) And to all my blogging buddies,  if you think you'd in interested in answering some of my questions, just let me know! I love having guest bloggers stop by! Have a great Saturday :)


7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me! It was so much fun to answer your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa! OMGosh, I had no idea how old you were! Based on your writing, I was under the impression that you were much older actually. When I was your age, my writing skills were no where near as good... nor would I have had the discipline to maintain a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun interview! I love meeting all the young readers on the blog! They're so important and offer such a wonderful edition to the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aylee - Tell me about it!! Over here I was addressing her as Mrs. Tessa... boy was I in for a surprise! When I was in 8th grade my writing sucked! (Not that its much better now.... but it's improving :)haha!) You do a wonderful job, Tessa! Keep up the good work!

    @Jen - I couldn't have said it better myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, Diana! I had no idea Tessa was so young either. Her writing is much more sophisticated and organized than mine was at that age. I'd love to do an interview with you, by the way. I've been thinking about starting something like that on my blog, too! Maybe you'd like to answer some questions for me, as well? Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inteview! I love to get to know about other book bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview, Diana!

    Tessa - I ran cross country and track, too! I haven't run on a team since college, but LOVE doing it anyways. I brainstorm a lot of my own story ideas during that time. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts