YA Series Challenge

Hi guys *waves*! I hope you all had an AWESOME New Years :) I actually spent my NYE down in Mexico, it was tons of fun! But now I'm back and ready to get back on track!

I am pleased to annouce that this year I've decided to participate in the YA Series Challenge hosted by Shannon of Stalking the Bookshelves. Since I already have a ton of series on my to-be-read pile, this challenge was practically screaming my name :) Officially this is my second challenge ever. I'm a fairly new blogger so I'm still new to the whole "book challenge" world, but I am very eager to get started.

If you would like to sign up, read about the guidelines and/or prizes in this challenge, please click here.

My Level: 
Level 6-Addicted and Loving It 
23-30 Books

Series I plan to read:
(Not in any particular order)
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
PUCK! Need I say more? :) haha! I've already read the first book, The Iron King (Which I LOVED!) but I'll be counting the other two towards this challenge. 

Looking forward to- I want to get to know Ash a little better. I need to know why everyone's so in love with him. (I'm not judging, I'm a HOPELESS romantic at heart!)
Books in series-
1. The Iron King
2. The Iron Daughter
3. The Iron Queen


The Wolves of Mercy fall series by Maggie Stiefvater
I actually saw this book during my last trip to B&N, and after I read the synopsis, (wolves, forbidden love and snow?... um, yes please!) I was very much intrigued. I can't wait to dig in ;)

Looking forward to- Just looking to get started as soon as possible :)
Books in series-
1. Shiver
2. Linger
3. Forever



Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
I cannot keep putting this series aside any longer! I have heard nothing but fabulous things about this fresh and intriguing new world of vampires.

Looking forward to- I can't wait to finally meet Dimitri and Adrien... I want to see what all the fuss is about ;)
Books in series-
1. Vampire Academy
2. Frostbite
3. Shadow Kiss
4. Blood Promise
5. Spirit Bound
6. Last Sacrifice

The Darkest Power series by Kelley Armstrong
I was actually fortunate enough to meet Kelly Armstrong last year at the "Smart Chicks Kick It" tour. She is hilarious and such an awesome gal, I promised myself I would pick up her series. From other blogger reviews that I've read, I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Looking forward to- Meeting Derek and Simon ;)
Books in series-
1. The Summoning
2. The Awakening
3. The Reckoning


The Dream Catchers series by Lisa Mcmann
This series came recommended by a close friend. She and I typically tend to fall in love with the same books, so i thought I'd give it a try. Plus, the story follows a 17 year old girl who gets sucked into peoples dreams... very very interesting!

Looking forward to- My friend will not shut up about Cabel. I've heard so many swoon-worthy things about him, I seriously think I might just bump this series to the top of my pile just so I can finally meet him!
Books in series-
1. Wake
2. Fade
3. Gone

Wonderous Strange series by Lesley Livingston
I came across thins series by accident on goodreads. The reviews and the ratings were awesome!  Plus, I'm a big faerie fan!

Looking forward to- starting a new series that has to do with Fey :)
Books in series-
1. Wondrous Strange
2. Darklight
3. Tempestuous


The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Uh, vampires, werewolves, demons, angels and hunters? Need I say more? This series sounds AWESOME!

Looking forward to- OMG! I can't wait to finally read about the mysterious new world that Mrs. Clare has created. I've read nothing but kick ass reviews for this series, plus I hear there's a certain boy in this book who's swoon worthy material ;) haha! (Don't judge.... hopeless romantic here, remember?!)
Books in series-
1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of Glass
4. City of Fallen Angels


Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatick
Patch! I loved him in book one and I can't wait to see what adventures Mrs. Fitzpatrick has for us in books 2 and 3.  Like the Iron King, I have already read book 1 in this series thus it will not count towards this challenege.

Looking forward to-  reading more about Patch and Nora's relationship and learning all I can about the Arc/rogue angels. Book one left me with many questions and I NEED answers!
Books in series-
1. Hush, Hush
2. Crescendo
3. Tempest


The House of Night series by PC Cast
The Cast's have made a fan out of me! I just recently finished reading book one, Marked (will also not count towards challenge) and I can't wait to read what happens with Zoey and the nerd heard.

Looking forward to- although there are a lot of books in this series, I plan to read each one. I hear the Cast's are aiming at 12 books? Well as long as they keep the story flowing, I will accompany them on their journey :)
Books in series-
1. Marked
2. Betrayed
3. Chosen
4. Untamed
5. Hunted
6. Tempted
7. Burned
8. Awakened


Well this is my list, for now. I have a total of  33 books so that throws me on the category of "Addicted and Loving it".... I'll let you in on a little secret, I really am LOVING it! I think they should add a new level, something like "Books are your drugs".... cause that's certainly the case for me :) haha!

If you're also signing up for this challenge, let me know what books you're planning on reading or feel free to leave your links down below. I'll be sure to drop by ;) but until then, Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up Diana, you've got some great series picked out. Glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't read The Mortal Instruments series. Don't know if you looked at MY list page, but here's the link to what I hope to read for the challenge.

    http://stalkingthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2011/01/ya-series-challenge-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, looking forward to what you think of TMI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a fantastic list of books for your challenge. Many are books that I have been meaning to read, too. I loved The Darkest Powers trilogy! :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read most of the series you listed!

    You mentioned on my blog wanting to know how to make those progress meters. I answered you on my blog, but just in case you didn't see it, here's a link to my post showing you how to make them:
    How to Make a Progress Bar and How to Customize a Progress Bar. Hope you find them helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats all the books I want to read. :D I think I'll join the challenge as well. Awesome post. :D I always love seeing all the great books all in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some great series! Good luck and Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey this is a fun challenge!

    BTW,I really love the theme of your blog. Very clever! :-D Thanks for stopping by The Lit Express. I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you, Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also joined this challenge !! You've had a great list of books !! We've even got some series in common ! You're going to love The Vampire Academy series !! Thanks for entering my giveaway !! I'm your latest follower !
    Elodie from Once Upon a Quote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this challenge. We're reading lots of the same books! I can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, good list! I've been wanting to read Wake by Lisa Mcmann for awhile now. I've also wanted to check out The Iron Fey series, as it seems like an interesting read and I would love to hear what all the hype is about. I enjoyed Hush, Hush too, and I hope you like Crescendo. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good selection series you have picked to read! Espiecally The Iron Fey series!! There absoultly amazing (: (i too am a hopeless romantic) and i can deff say the romance in the Iron series is perfect, You will have to post when you are all done with it, id love to hear your thoughts on my favorite series(:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts