Review: Untamed (House of Night #4)

Title: Untamed (House of Night #4)
Author: PC & Kristen Cast
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 338
Challenge: YA Series 2011

My Rating:

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel. -Summary from goodreads.com

Hurray for Untamed! After reading Chosen, I was really hesitant about picking up this next book in the series. I'm reading this series for  YA series challenge and to be honest I was so close to just dropping the House of Night series as a whole. I really enjoyed the first 2 books, the 3 one not so much, so I didn't know what to expect from this one... But let me tell you now that the mother-daughter team pulled it off!

Untamed starts of right where book 3 ended. Zoey is slowly getting back into the good grace of her friends, and things seem to be getting better w/Erik. Neferet is still an evil witch, but you'll have to read the book to know what’s going on w/her. I don't want to give too much away. I really admired Zoey in this installment. Even though she's a got a shit ton of problems, she faces them head on and with a brave attitude. I'm also really beginning to accept Zoey and Aphrodite's friendship. During the past books, Aphrodite really didn't warm up to me, but in Untamed, you see their friendship grow, and you can't help but love it.

Overall, Untamed gets our Nerd Herd back together as they face new enemies and challenges but they also make quite a few friends along the way! So glad to see that Zoey is back on track and ready to kick ass in the next book; Hunted.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've just given you an award! =) Check it out here - http://literaryrr.blogspot.com/2011/01/oh-my-my-very-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is cool!
    But i don't like histories of vampires! Is boring for me. :S
    Good review,Diana :D
    xoxo,
    Catarina M. (Cathy*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first two books, but now I have the sudden urge to. :P

    I enjoy learning about vampires, and the history behind them. They're very interesting creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I've wanted to read this series, but haven't made the plunge quite yet. Great covers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts