Review: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3)

Title: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 384
Challenge: YA Series Challenge


My Rating:


My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back. -summary from goodreads.com

Review: *Warning: Ending Spoilers! Read at your own risk!*

Meghan is my new favorite heroine :) You see her mature so much throughout this book, big difference from her whinny attitude in beginning of book 2.  She sacrifices so much and risks everything to help those she loves. She has her heart set on Ash, and hopes to keep Puck around as a friend. Oh my… Puck! I will always love Puck. This book changes nothing; he is still hilarious, loyal, charming and caring. I will admit, you can’t help but fall in love with Ash… darn him and his chivalry. Gosh, he is just plain out amazing.

I would give this book 4.5 hearts... I loved it, but there was one thing that really bothered me; the ending (I need proper closure :) haha!). Meghan saves both the Iron realm and the Nevernever, but come on… why can’t she keep Ash? I mean I know I’m not his biggest fan, but poor guy! After everything he's done, he deserves to be happy! That stupid curse has haunted him his whole life and now it applies to his relationship to Meghan as well? Aye ya aye! I know the ending is set up for the new spin-off book Mrs. Kagawa is doing, but why couldn’t Meghan have talked to him one last time? During the epilogue, I was praying Ash would come out of the shadows, and tell Meghan that he’s planning on keeping his promise… but he didn’t. My question is WHY!? Such torture!... Agghh! My heart feels for Meghan, its broken, just like hers. I cannot wait to read about Ash and Puck's new adventures in The Iron Knight. Hopefully this book will finally give Meghan her happily ever after :)

Overall, The Iron Queen is an action packed, suspense and romanced filled read... it's a beautiful closing book for this wonderful series. You will not be able to put it down, it will leave you craving for more! If you've read both The Iron King and Daughter, trust me when I say, you don't want to miss this book!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I also expected Meghan and Ash to speak one more time and it's weird that they didn't. I'll definitely look forward to seeing the conclusion of their story in The Iron Knight. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog, I am a new follower. Stop by sometime and return the love.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this book! I wish he had come out of the shadows again as well, but now their reunion in Iron Knight will be all the more tense and exciting since they didn't see one another. At least it better be! Can't wait for those books! Nice review Diana:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series SO much and this book did not disappoint! I wish Ash would have come out of the shadows too, but maybe we will have an even more intense reunion in The Iron Knight! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts