Review: Coffeehouse Angel

Title: Coffeehouse Angel
Author: Suzanne Selfors
Publisher: Walker & Company
Pages: 276
Challenge: None




My Rating:

When a random act of kindness involves Katrina with Malcolm, a handsome teenage guardian angel intent on fulfilling her greatest wish, fame and fortune seem like the most obvious requests. But after two botched wishes, Malcolm knows Katrina is hiding something from him. How can she tell him the truth, when her heart's desire has become Malcolm himself?- summary from goodreads.com

Ok, before I begin with all the aw's and squee's, let me give you some important background info. This story takes place in a small town named Nordby, WA. We follow 16-year-old, orphaned, Katrina Svensen, who lives with her grandmother and helps run their struggling old-world coffeehouse. Katrina is desperately trying to balance a normal life with having to help her grandmother pay the bills and keeping up with her best friends Vincent, a talented swimmer, and Elizabeth, an artist.

One morning, Katrina notices a homeless man sleeping in the alley behind the coffee shop. Despite the weight on Katrina's shoulders, she leaves him some day old pastries and fresh coffee. That same day at school, Katrina sees the same homeless man (more like handsome young stud), Malcolm, at her school’s assembly announcing that he must reward Katrina's unselfish deed with her greatest desire. It turns our Malcolm is a messenger angel and won’t leave Katrina alone until she gets what her heart most desires. Telling a stranger what you most desire should be easy, right? HA!

This book was such a great, cute, romantic read! It’s a thoroughly enjoyable story of forgiveness, redemption and selflessness (it even got me analyzing myself). Katrina had me laughing, awww-ing, crying and I’ll admit, at times I’d get frustrated with her for having such low self esteem. But I really did adore her. Katrina is a sweetheart and her emotions are so precise you actually experience her distress for the problems in her life. I often times found myself powerless and wishing I could be in the story just so I could lend a hand to Katrina and her grandmother (I single-handedly wanted to destroy the notorious Java Heaven. I got very emotional when Vincent went over to the dark side…. Read the book. You’ll see what I mean!)

Coffeehouse Angel seriously is such a cute story that will have you smiling until the end.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the review! I'll have to hunt this one down :) I hope my library has it!

    -Lulu The BookAddict :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thanks! I might have to add this to my TBR pile.

    I just came over from Jen's blog, Unedited, and I love your travel photos. I've been to Greece, Italy and Egypt, but this spring I'm going to Ireland for the first time and I can't wait! It's nice meeting someone else as obsessed with books AND travel as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this sounds cute! I admit, I've never heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    New to your blog and really like it!!

    I'm your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wavering on reading this and you make me want to :)
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your review - so much so that I've linked it from my own, so I hope you don't mind!

    (PS: New follower as well)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts