Review: Winter's Passage (The Iron Fey #1.5)


Title: Winter's Passage (The Iron Fey #1.5)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 59
Challenge: YA Series

My Rating:



Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey. Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat.... -summary from goodreads.com

I actually didn’t even know this book exsisted *lowers head in shame*. I read about it on the authors’ blog and I was like, “Wtf? There’s another book that’s already out?” Of course I downloaded it right away and finished it in a couple of hours. And although I loved it, I am so bummed that I read this novella out of order. It would have been so nice to read it after The Iron King… It actually helped me accept Ash and Megan’s relationship a bit more (I’ve always been more of a Puck girl, but you can’t help but love Ash in this short story). I love it when authors give you little extras novella’s, it feels like I’m reading deleted scenes from the other books.

Winter’s Passage place right after book one; during Meg and Ash’s trip back to the Unseelie court. It's only about 60 pages long, so it's a real quick read… and I don’t recommend reading it out of order. I mean, technically you could, but you wouldn’t appreciate the story as much.

Either way, if you’re a fan of the Iron Fey Series, pick this book up. It’s a fun, quick (and romantic) read that you won’t want to miss!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it does make more sense if you read this after the first book. It was a nice excerpt that I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wait... this one goes where in the series? I need to know because I am thinking I will "attack" it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this :) I read it after The Iron King and it fit nicely into the story :) Glad you enjoyed it. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. @midnyte reader & @Book Passion- be thankful you girls read it in order.... i would have loved to have had this book after I finished The Iron King

    @Michelle- read it after book one; The Iron King... it will make a lot more sense that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your pageee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree! It's so fun to get to read extra scenes in novellas.

    BTW, if you're a Puck girl, you should know that his novella is coming out in June! It's called Summer's Crossing, and it will be available as a free ebook for the first few days it's out. :)

    Gotta love the Iron Fey! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts