Oh blogger! How I've missed you so!

Hello everyone,

Gosh, my last post was a week ago.... ONE WEEK! That's the most Ive gone without posting since I started blogging. But I'm sure everyone understands that sometimes "life" happens.... and let me tell you, mine has been keeping me unbelievably busy! Nothing bad, I promise; work is pretty much a daily thing, but I do have other activities that have been taking up some of my time; including--

Most importantly, as many of you know, I'm a soccer player. Even now that I'm out of college, I still continue to play for city leagues. And last Friday was the Championship game and we WON! Woo Whoo! The game was INTENSE! It was versus this other group of girls who have been champions for 2 years straight. I was so happy we finally defeated them!

My Sister and I after a long 2 hour match
Another activity that's been keeping me busy-- I'm a big video game and comic book freak. Seriously, I love 'em both! For the past two years I've attended San Diego Comic Con, which is amazingly FUN! Every year my good friend Roy and I dress up and attend the convention. Roy is in his 3rd year of costume design, he's into the whole Cos-play thing, and he was nice enough to make me (that's right, MAKE) my own personal Bat girl suit. It's based on the original version-

Me @ last years Comic Con, & no... I wish my boobs were that big in real life!
This year, I'll be wearing a different batgirl suit, it's based on the 1966 Yvonne Craig version. We actually had to go out to LA to buy this special fabric (plus, they have awesome deals over there!) but between the road trips, work, family, and soccer (not to mention the BF)... ay aye aye!

that purple one is mine :) I'll post pictures of me in the new costume later.
But hopefully all that is going to change! I've took the liberty in having a lazy afternoon today and I got ahead on some scheduled posts (including an Egypt travel blog post) and I'm working on some reviews.... Just finished book one of the Morganville Vampires; it was so good! I'm adding Shane to my list of book boyfriends *swoon*!... Review soon to come :)

Oh, and has anyone else seen Fast Five? I watched it last night and I absolutely loved it! It was such a good ending to the Fast and the Furious franchise. Although I must tell you- if you go see the movie wait until after the credits. There's an extra scene and although I'm not too happy with it, it was still nice to have a little suspense added onto the ending.

Ok guys, that is it, I'm done sharing about my life (I swear, sometimes I think of blogger as my own personal online diary)....don't forget to enter my giveaway for The Awakening (Ghost Huntress #1), click here if you haven't entered and would like too. Thanks so much for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Congratulations on winning your game! I am also loving the Bat Girl suit...you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your game! Sounds like you've been busy having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smexy! Love the costume!

    Fast Five was amazing! ZOMG! LOL Vin Diesel kicking Rock's ass? Yes please! :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice trophy! Congrats!

    And that is so cool you are going to dress up for Comic Con. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, CONGRATULATIONS on winning the championship, that's so awesome:) And I'm all sorts of jealous you're going to Comic Con, can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! That Batgirl suit is awesome!! That's so cool, I wish I could go to Comic Con and see everyone's costumes.
    And yay you read Glass Houses! Shane's one of my book bf's too but it's ok we can share him :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win! That's ah-mazing! Go hop on your high horse, you deserve it girl :) Glad to have you back with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana-

    What a cool costume! That is major awesome! Your friend is extremely talented.

    I haven't even read Forgive My Fins yet so I better get to it if you're going to the midnight release of its sequel.

    I'm so jealous of your travel and I love the look of your page. I think it was different the last time I was here.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:43 PM

    First. Congradulations!!! That's so awesome you stomped those girls a new one. And you & your sister make that trophey look good. Even with the bul horns. ;)

    Second! I lLOVE that costume, can't wait to see what the newest costume looks like. I want your friend to make me a Poison Ivy costume.... kidding I'm a broke biyatch I'll just wrap myself up in poisonous ivy. ( Not even, could you imagine the outcome of that, lol )

    Can't wait to 'hear' what you have to say about the first book in the Morganville Vampire series, I've been wanting to try it.

    Stalk you later, LOL! ( I crack me up )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Oh! I love the new look of the blog! it's lovely!
    And YAY for football! Congrats on the win!!! I love playing too - I'm Mexican - boys used to be afraid of me in middle school because I was ruthless on them!! Ruthless!!!
    LOL

    Anyway! your costume is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Komal, Jana, Jenny, Lulu & Tere- Thank you so much ladies! it was great to finally beat that other team :) i promise i will post new batgirl pics after comic con!

    @Kelsa- Omg! yesss! Vin diesel is probably one of the sexiest guys alive!

    @Laura- I actually moved Morganville up on my TBR pile cause of you :) so thank you! i think i'm in love with Shane.

    @Heather- Thanks so much for your kind words! they mean a lot :)

    @Jessica- i said it once, I'll say it again; you crack me up! I know this is super random, but where do you live? Have you attended Comic Con before? cause my friend actually does have an Ivy costume.... i'm sure you could borrow it if we were to meet up?! :)

    @Alex- Mil gracias amiga! so you were a ruthless soccer player, huh? :) wanna come play for my team? we could use a girl like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your win! That's awesome!

    I have to ask - how many creepy guys hit on you in those costumes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Glad to see your back! Awesome job at the soccer championships! And both of your costumes look spectacular! I hear Fast Five is really good. One of my friends went to see it and he absolutely loved it. I never saw any of the Fast and Furious movies so I wouldn't know. I'll have to see what all the hype is about :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Logan- hahahah! You wouldnt believe HOW many creepers come up to me! its ridiculous! That's why I always tend to stay close to my friend Roy :)

    @Tessa- you should definitely watch the first movie, its great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diana! Where the heck have I been? Sorry to have missed so much. First off, LOVING your new blog design. It's so pretty.

    Congrats on winning the Championship game! I'm so proud of you! And you look soooo HAWT as batgirl! That is so super fun that you go dressed up. Now I'm wishing I lived closer to I could go with you.

    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! That's so awesome! I've been super busy as well, so I totally understand. However, I don't have a good excuse. Just pure laziness. Hehe. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win!! Those costumes are awesome and you look so great in it! Dressing up like that sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the info about waiting until the end of the credits in Fast Five. I have to admit, those movies are my guilty pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts