Review: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)


Title: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 443
Challenge: YA Series

My Rating:
 
For Rose Hathaway, everything seems out of kilter. Ever since she made her first Strigoi kills, a dark shadow has been creeping over her. Looming in the background, too, is another realization: If she follows her forbidden love for guardian Dimitri Belikov, she might lose her best friend forever. And these sleep-shaking worries couldn't have come at a worse time. The immortal unloving are prowling everywhere, famished for vengeance against her. -summary from goodreads.com


BEST BOOK YET!... eh, in the series, that is. This book was such am emotional roller coaster. I hate that I love it… does that make sense?
Let me just say that my heart broke for Rose. Poor girl, she goes through so much in this installment. The book begins with Rose feeling more dark and depressed ever since her friend Mason died. Then to make things worse, she starts to fear that she's going crazy because she sees Mason's ghost around campus. She then learns what it truly means to be shadow kissed; through their bond, Rose is able to pull the darkness away from Lissa, thus absorbing it and going crazy herself.
Afterward, more trouble comes when the Strigoi attack the school leaving several Moroi and dhampir dead and many more captured. Rose helps Dimitri and the other guardians come up with a plan of offense to get the kidnapped back. And that’s when tragedy strikes…. And boy does it strike hard! Like, deep in the chest, hard. I really don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read this series yet (which I doubt! I’m always the last one on the band wagon)…. But think tragedy. Just when you think things can't get worse, well...they always do.
Aye ya aye! I hate comparing books to twilight, but SHADOW KISS brought back memories from New Moon. As I finished reading it, I chucked it against the wall, but then ran to it and apologized for treating it so badly! Yeah, I know… I’m loosing it. I desperately need to pick up book 4; Blood Promise. Luckily for me, the book is already out and I don’t have to wait :)

10 comments:

  1. OMG : isnt it one of the best series ever ? You so have to read the next three books, it gets even more awesome as you read, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this series! I love the covers and the books sound amazing too! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elodie- everyone keeps telling me that :)haha! I will hurry and go out to buy the next book today!

    @paige- the covers are pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great book and the ending drove me insane in a good and bad way, if that even makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I need to read this series! I keep hearing such great things about it. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy you're reading this series!! It's one of my all time favourites. OMG the ending of this was just... wow. Powerful, intense, HEARTBREAKING! I can't wait to read what you think of the rest of them!

    Hopefully you might be finished all 6 books before the spin-off series starts in August :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I've done the same thing too, D! I've slammed a book that make me heated down, then I instantly wrapped it in a hug and cried my eyes out in apology.

    Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elodie is so right. This series just keeps getting better. And more tragic. And more tear jerking. But I love them :)
    I actually started Last Sacrifice last night though I'm nervous to read it...anything could happen at this point...and I don't want the series to end!
    Hope you enjoy the rest of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review, Diana. Isn't the book cover mesmerizing?
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:55 PM

    My sister gave me the first in the series for Christmas. I haven't started it yet. One day I'll get going on this series.

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts