Busting the Newbie Blues



Busting the Newbie Blues is a creative event which is hosted by Small Reviews. If your interested in signing up, the event will run until the end of December. Both new and established bloggers can participate :) 

When did you start your blog? 
I officially started my blog in November of this year (2010). So I am definitely a new blogger.

Why did you start your blog?

To be honest, I had thought about starting a travel blog for some time now, but I always thought to myself, I haven't really visited that many countries (just a few here and there), I'll quickly run out of things to say. That was when I came across Jenny's blog over at The Supernatural Snark, and I completely fell in love. I thought to myself, why not combine my two loves?! I read a TON of books during my trips and I too wanted to express my thoughts and feelings. Books are my getaway! I wanted to blog about vampires, werewolves, faeries and about my obsessions with boys who were made of ink and paper :p Eventually, I even emailed Jenny a couple of times to see if she'd be willing to give some tips, she was so nice and willing to help! She answered some basic blogging questions and helped me get started. Thanks, Jenny!
 
What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far? 
Since I've only been blogging for about two months, I can't really say that I've faced "big" challenges. Right now, my biggest dilemma is posting on a regular basis. I am SO behind on travel posts. I recently went on what I like to call a "mother load" trip; five countries in one month. It was insane! I'm working on my travel post and tips as we speak :)

What do you find most discouraging about being a new blogger?
 

Sometimes when I'll surf other YA Blogs, I'll get discouraged when I see that they have 1000+ followers.... But then I'll remind myself that they've been doing this for a pretty long time. I'm a newbie :) eventually my time will come as well. I try and see the positive side to all situations.   

What do you find most encouraging? 
Everyone in the blogging community is so nice! I love getting comments when people agree with what I have to say, it reminds me of why I started this blog in the first place; to meet and chat with other bloggers who share my love for books.

What do you like best about the blogs you read? Have you tried to replicate this in your blog?
 

I love how certain blogs have their own "memes" going on. In particular I love the blog hop and I just recently discovered the wonderful world of in my mail box. I'll definitely be participating in that :)

What do you dislike about blogs you’ve read? Do you try to avoid this?
 

As of now, I haven't really ran into anything I dislike. I'll let you know if that changes down the road :p heyyyy, only time will tell.

Any advice for other new bloggers?
 

If your thinking about starting a blog, please know it does take time and patience, but it is CRAZY fun! And hey, if you'd like any advice from a newbie - please don't hesitate to ask ;) Also, your blog design... as you can see, mine is still in the process- so don't get discouraged if setting up your blog takes more time than running it!

Anything else you’d like to share about your experience?
 

If anything, organize yourself and keep track of your time! You have no idea how many times I've logged onto blogger with the purpose of posting a new review or travel bog, and next thing I know I'm surfing blogs and HOURS have gone by! Aye ya aye! I need to manage my time more wisely :\

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your blog?
 
Let me know what you think! What do you think I should add/remove.... any input is appreciated! Thanks so much for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I am SO excited to read your blog. I LOVE travel! I had a travel blog while I was in New Zealand.I've been to other places as well, but never kept a blog. It was the first time blogging, so I was terrible at updating...but it's the thought right? I also love reading, but you already know that. Hehe. And thanks for the compliment about my blog! (Just validated my hours of cursing at the screen...)

    Looking forward to more posts~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love love your idea for a blog! And you have such a cute layout :) I totally agree with being intimidated by blogs with seriously a bazillion followers - kind of bums me out sometimes. Oh well, we'll get there! Hops and memes with the Mr. Linkys are probably how I've gotten a lot of followers, and commenting TONS. Good luck :)

    Emma @ girl loves books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. It's so fun and you seem just so full of energy. I cannot wait to read about all your travels and your books stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for checking out my blog and following! Travel and books seem like two pretty awesome things to blog about. You've been to amazing places. Especially looking forward to your experiences in Greece and Italy, my dream destinations :]
    I'm now following, looking forward to future posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you blog about books and traveling, 2 of my favorite things! I look forward to hearing, seeing and reading more about your travels. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for participating! I love how you combine travel and books in your blog. I don't get to travel much, so I'll be interested in seeing all your travel posts.

    I know what you mean about spending so much time browsing blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks guys! :) you guys are the besttt! Iw on't lie, I had a big ol'smile on my face as I was reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you did not need to thank me at all! You've done a fabulous job with your blog and I'm looking forward to pictures from that "mother load" trip:) The hardest thing for me as well is posting on a regular basis, I didn't realize how time consuming the blog would be when I first started, but I adore it and it seems you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea behind your blog! Glad to have found your blog through this event :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also created my blog in November (2010) !! It was definitely one of my best decision of 2010. I don't regret it for a second. We both are newbies ;) Good luck with your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi fellow Newbie!

    I love the idea of your blog and how you have combined your two passions. That's awesome! So glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts