Review: Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1)

Title: Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1)
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Little, Brown books
Pages: 563

My Rating:



Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything. -summary from goodreads.com

I need to find me an Ethan! I loved loved loved him! I am completely in love with the beautiful world that Kami & Margaret have so kindly shared with us. This book is an awesome, fast paced read that will have you guessing 'til the end! Every night that I'd finish a chapter, I found myself saying, "Just one more".... sound familiar? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does that (raise your hand if your guilty), but this was such a good read, I couldn’t put it down.

In this book we follow Ethan & Lena (our main characters). We also have tons of family involvement, which is a nice change from other books where the parental units are practically invisible. I loved the idea of Casters, and Lena's crazy family. Also, the scene descriptions are amazing. I could literally imagine myself there in Gatlin along side the rest of the community. You'll learn to both hate and love the fellow townspeople of Gatlin, South Carolina. 
Beautiful creatures rocked! I'm dying to know what’s going to happen to Ethan and Lena in the next installment, Beautiful Darkness. Luckily for me it's already out! Yes! I Can't wait to get my hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts