Book bloggler hop

For the week of Dec 3-6, 2010

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books. Each week, bloggers answer a question posted by Jennifer and then "hop" over to other blogs to socialize, make new friends, and find great blogs to follow!

This week's question is:

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

Although I haven't posted my review, I had mixed feelings when it came to the third book in the Hunger Games; Mockingjay (I'm actually a bit scared to post a review... ). I had heard such great things about it before I was able to read it, so I was expecting this book to be kick ass (excuse the language)! And don't get me wrong, it truly was an amazing and such unique book... I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was actually a very impacting book. To be completely honest, I lost so much sleep over  it. I'd lay in bed night after night just thinking about it. Maybe part of me just didn't want to except the ending, but alas... Life goes on :) haha! 

What about you? I'd love to hear which book you didn't enjoy as much as you thought you would. Leave your comments (or links) so I can see what you all have to say!

Peace & Love, D

9 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by and following my blog! Just returning the favour =]
    I agree with Mockingjay, while I really enjoyed it, and I thought it was amazing, it was completely different to what I thought it would be... And the ending didn't work for me... :L
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana! I'm popping in via the hop to say hi and have a great weeekend! I adore the Hunger Games trilogy and I had such high hopes for Mockingjay that I was almost sure to be disappointed. I just felt like a little of Katniss's fire from the first two was missing. That being said, I still enjoyed it immensely:) Don't be afraid to post your review, it's just your opinion and you're entitled to it! I'm a new follower here and I hope you have a great weekend!

    Jenny of Supernatural Snark
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from the hop! I agree about Mockingjay. It didn't end right! haha
    I didn't enjoy Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Your newest follower!

    I liked Mockingjay, but a lot of people were disappointed in it.

    Your blog is really cute, BTW! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I'm a new follower.

    I haven't read Mockinjay yet but I know some people were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way about MJ - I was expecting it to be amazing and it was just okay. I don't know many people who absolutely loved it, though. So, don't be afraid to post your review - even die hard HG fans (like me) weren't all that impressed.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely had some mixed feelings about Mockingjay as well. I had so many different emotions with it that I even did my review differently!

    Thank you so much for hopping by Fiction Folio! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't read The Hunger Games series yet but I hope to get to it soon. You have a beautiful blog. What gorgeous travel photos. I'll be back to read about all the places you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, nice to have you back! Just stopping in to say:

    Congradulations! You've received the Versatile Award!

    Please check out my post about this at:

    http://lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/12/award.html

    Congrats from Lulu at The Book Addict!
    -Lulu ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts