Review: Blue Moon (The Immortals #2)

Title: Blue Moon (The Immortals #2)
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin 
Pages: 284

My Rating:

Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning. In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must chose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day. -Summary from goodreads.com

(To read my review for book #1, click Here)

Review: In this sequel, we start off right where book one left off. Damen and Ever continue to run into conflicts in their relationship, mainly because Damen continues to be secretive about his past.
There’s also a new guy in town, Roman. He appears to have everyone under his spell, including Damen, who ditches Ever and seeks out “queen bee” Stasia. Soon Damen gets really sick and Ever is certain that Roman is behind whatever is poisoning him. Eventually, she sorts out a few secrets, including the fact that Roman is a rogue Immortal who is set on harassing Ever as punishment for the loss of Drina, his one true love.

As much as I hate to admit it, this book did not live up to Evermore. When I first started reading Blue Moon I was excited to see where Ever and Damen would go now that they had an eternity to be together. Sadly, I was disappointed. Throughout the book I was waiting for SOMETHING to happen, ANYTHING! The book was ok. I was more interested in the concept the author explores of what might happen if Ever could have the choice to return to her past and prevent the car accident that took her family's lives. By doing this, she’d save her family, but loose Damen.

Blue Moon, overall, was an ok book. To me, it seemed to be more of a “Filler Sequel”. I really tried to get into it, like it, but I couldn’t help but feel frustrated! Ever makes some pretty stupid choices…. You just want to reach into the book and smack her around a few times. Alas, I will read the next book in the series, Shadowland. Hopefully the author steps it up a few notches. 

2 comments:

  1. I've yet to read this series but I've heard Evermore is great:) For me the second book in a series is always difficult when I loved the first one, my expectations are always so high that I'm usually a little disappointed. Thanks for such an honest review Diana, I hope more happens in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt crazy about this series! it had a good story behind it but I started to get bored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts