Review: Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires #2)

Title: Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires #2)
Author: Rachel Caine
Publisher: Nal Jam
Pages: 368
Challenge: YA Series


My Rating:

Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose. -summary from goodreads.com


I’m ready! Bring on the dangers of Morganville :)haha! This series is frighteningly addicting!

Ok, DGD- I think this book was better than the first one. It continued right where the first one ended. The four roomies find themselves trapped by Shane's crazy vampire-hunting father and his bike gang, whom are in town to cause havoc and kill as many vampires as they can. Their first target; Michael. Shane’s dad thinks he’s a vampire but he is totally wrong. Michael is a ghost, NOT a vampire. And although Michael, Shane Eve and Claire are under Amelie’s protection, that doesn’t stop Shane’s dad from causing them problems…. A lot of them!

There are lots of dangerous situations in DGD, and a major race against time to save Shane, because he’s been wrongly accused of killing a vampire and sentenced to death. I love how Eve and Claire take charge of the situation and do all they can for Shane. The challenges they face are definitely more personal then the first book. It proved to me how strong their bond is and that they’re willing to do anything to save Shane’s life. If that’s not true friendship, I don’t know what is.

I'm not really sure why this novel is titled The Dead Girls' Dance in that the actual dance is a very small portion of the book. I really like the fact that we get a lot more character background in this book. We learn more about Shane and his past, as well as what has happened to his family because of Monica. We learn more about Michael and how he turned to be a ghost. We learn more about Eve and her mysterious family, too.

This novel was very action packed! Often times a situation would seem to have no positive resolution, thus keeping me on the edge of my seat and racing through the pages to see what happens! I would not recommend reading this series out of order. This series is NOT like the House of Night, where everything is summarized in very single book (gets annoying actually). I will definitely pick up book 3; Midnight Alley.

6 comments:

  1. Trust me when I say every book is action packed! It's like a tie between edge of your seat excitement or heart throbbing romance ;D
    Just wait till Midnight Alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it!!! When you get to number four...clear your schedule because when its over, you are going to need to read five quick to find out what happens, and THEN the same thing will happen at the end of 5, you will have to read 6, right away...
    How much do you love Shane?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review! This is a series I've been meaning to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 AM

    *grins*
    i got a friend who is, like, addicted to this series and is always telling me I should read them too.

    They do sound terrific, I just don't know if they are for me because I generally don't like Vamp books :(

    So now I'm torn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!
    I've read the first five so far and absolutely love them! Great series. [:

    [thanks for entering my giveaway!]

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely in LOVE with this series! It just keeps getting better and better. The characters are strong, witty, and most importantly likeable. Although it does make me sad that the evil Monica shares my name! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts