My Book Boyfriend (1)


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader. Thanks to this meme we now get to gush over some of our favorite "Book Boyfriends", on a weekly basis :) Want to participate? Well head on over to Missie's blog and link up your post! Don't forget to include some stats, a picture of what you imagine your book boyfriend looks like and some swoon worthy quotes!

My pick this week:
Etienne St. Clair

Portrayed by Pierre Boulanger

Sooo... I'm in love with a fictional character, and his name is Etienne St. Clair! You see, there’s this awesome little book called Anna and the French Kiss…and I think everyone should read it. Why you may ask? Well there are many reason, but mainly because of this gorgeous English French American masterpiece;

Quick stats:
-Bilingual; fluent in both French and English.
-BIG brown beautiful eyes, they’re described as weapons against the female race.
-Perfectly shaped lips hiding white teeth, with a twinge of imperfection.
-Dark brown and messy hair. Somehow it’s both long and short at the same time. It’s artist hair.

Scenes/Quotes:
Etienne’s dark eyes search mine. “What are we doing?” His voice is strained. He’s so beautiful, so perfect. I’m dizzy. My heart pounds, my pulse races. I tilt my face toward his, and he answers with an identical slow tilt toward mine.

He closes his eyes. Our lips brush lightly.
“If you ask me to kiss you, I will,” he says.
His fingers stroke the inside of my wrists, and I burst into flames.
“Kiss me,” I say.
He does.

We are kissing like crazy. Like our lives depend on it. His tongue slips inside my mouth, gentle but demanding, and it’s nothing like I’ve ever experienced, and I suddenly understand why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolves into his.



"I'm sorry," he says.
"What? Why?"
"You're fixing everything I set down." He nods at my hands, which are readjusting the elephant. "It wasn't polite of me to come in and start touching your things."
"Oh, it's okay," I say quickly, letting go of the figurine. "You can touch anything of mine you want."
He freezes. A funny look runs across his face before I realize what I've said. I didn't mean it like that.
Not that that would be so bad."


He takes my hands into his.Those perfect hands, that fit mine just so. “Anna?” Our foreheads touch. “Yes?”
“Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here.”

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."

What do you think? yey or ney? Isn't he gorgeous?! Oh and just thought I'd mention that Pierre is actually French.... like, in real life :)haaaa! *swoon*!

Who's your book boyfriend?

24 comments:

  1. Omg! I didn't know this meme existed, so thanks for pointing it out! I am TOTALLY going to do it next week.

    And OMG GIRL. I FREAKING LOVE St. Clair! If only he were real...SIGH <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Anna and the french kiss. I totally agree with your pick I had hiom as a book boyfriend too but we can share :)

    My book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sqqueee! he soo cute! :D I haven't read the book yet. I really need to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but Etienne is MIIIIIIIIIIIINE. All mine. :D
    I am totally obsessed with him at the moment. I just saw Pierre Boulanger in Monte Carlo last week, how gorgeous is he?! When I saw him I thought he'd make a great Etienne (though I'd already read it and pictured Tom Sturridge). Awesome pick (even though he's still mine).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to read this book. Its sitting on myself waiting. Great pick :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:31 AM

    LOL
    I'm finally starting on Anna this weekend, so I won't be fighting over Etienne just yet.

    But I do love the quotes you put on him :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, St. Claire is my hugest lit crush of all time!! That boy is sure something special. :) I love all the quotes you added. He's so... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous! That gif is killing me! It looks like he is desperate to get to me but something is holding him back.

    Believe me, if Etienne looks like that, he wouldn't have to ask me to tell him I love him! I'd shout it from the Eiffel Tower. LOL

    Awesome, swoon worthy choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle- hahahahahahaaaaa! YESS!! OMG I thought the exact same thing when watching Monte Carlo :) I was like, "Damn! That boy would make a perfect St. Clair... I'm going to use him for my book boyfriend post!" :)haha! Even when I'm not blogging, I'm thinking of the blogosphere... I'm an addict!

    Missie- Isn't the gif awesome? Found it on a fan-site and stole it for myself :)haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yey! Yey! YEY! I am sooo not ney to this :) So, this is the guy in Anna and the French Kiss?!? Boy have I been missing out... must read that soon!! The quotes are gorgeous, Anna is a lucky girl *Sigh* I thought the guy in the third picture looked familiar, doesn't he play in Monte Carlo? (I want to see that movie so bad too!) Thanks for sharing your crush with us readers *cough* competetors! (jk)

    P.S. I looked at the description for The Unwritten Rule and you are right... I must read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im sorry lady, but you will be fighting me and Belle for a LONG time for darling Mr. Etienne :D he is MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE ALLLLLL MINE...got it? good. lol

    Now that that has been said, I obviously love your choice :D even the actor is really good too...though I see him as a different character...my etienne st. clair I know in real life lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently, I'm missing out. Must watch this Monte Carlo flick immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:08 PM

    This post is filled with everything good(: haha! I loved Anna and The French Kiss! St.Clair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww! That two last quotes had me! I need this book NOW! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this theme! And this guy sounds amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:22 AM

    I like your book boyfriend. I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, but it's on my list. Until then I'll think of Pierre Boulanger as my Vincent Pierre Henri Delacroix (love that name) from Amy Plum's Die for Me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOOOWZA! this book def just got pushed up on my TBR pile! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  18. ~Ahhhhhh I've heard soo much about Etienne St Clair, and I can't wait to read Anna and the French Kiss. Etienne sounds incredible. Those quotes were amazing too. Thanks
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eitenne is just so ..... perfect! And Pierre is EXACTLY HOW I PICTURED HIM!
    Excellent choosing :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. you should do more of these!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love this. I have to read it! And I love love this handsome french man! He needs to do more english movies! Did you the trailer of his new movie on youtube? Ugh! he's the most beautiful man ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOOOVE this excerpt. and I def want to read it. and I LOOOVE Pierre. he needs to make more english movies. He's so hot in this trailer of his new film. http://youtu.be/fcWSS_WGvPo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great match. I think he does look like St. Clair. AWESOME

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts