Review: Masquerade (Blue Bloods #2)

Title: Masquerade (Blue Bloods #2)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Publisher: Hyperion
Pages: 320

My Rating:

Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young Blue Bloods. Her search brings her to Venice, Italy, in the hopes of finding the one person who can help. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city’s wealthy, powerful, and unhuman—a true Blue Blood affair. But it’s at the after-party masquerade that the true danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will change the course of a young vampire’s destiny. -Summary from goodreads.com

What can I say about this book; I loved it! Even more than the first book in the series. I couldn't wait to read Masquerade after I finished Blue Bloods; I needed to know what was going to happen to Sky... I had very high expectations for this book & it didn't disappoint! Masquerade starts off right where the first book left off. We follow Sky & Oliver on their trip to Italy, how they work their way back to New York, the 400 ball & all the crazy Silver Blood chaos. We see how Schuyler brings out her new-found courage and backbone now that she's comfortable w/her new vampire abilities. We learn a bit more about Jack & Mimi's relationship & we get a better explanation on the Jack & Sky infatuation. 

To be honest, this new info shines more light on the whole Sky & Jack love triangle going on & it makes you appreciate their forbidden romance that much more! We're also allowed into the twisted workings of Bliss' mind... I don't want to give too much away, but that girl has problems! Also, Sky & Oliver's friendship takes a sudden turn when Sky decides she wants Ollie to be her human familiar! (You just gotta love Oliver... So loyal & just plain perfect!) Last but not least, we're introduced to the new bad boy in town- Kingsley! Oh, Kingsley! Where do I even begin? I've got mixed feelings for this character... I love him for his bad boy attitude, (what can I say? I'm a sucker for bad boys) & dislike him for all the trouble he's causing Sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts