Review: Hush, Hush

Title: Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush Book #1)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 391

My Rating:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. -Summary from goodreads.com



When I describe Hush, Hush to other readers, the first thing that comes to mind is; an instant catcher! It had me hooked from the Prologue. This was actually one of those books that no one recommended, I hadn’t heard anything about it, so I didn’t know what to expect. I picked it up only because of its lovely cover; it called my name from across the shelves at Barnes n noble… Ok, & maybe the book description helped me seal the deal too :)

In Hush, Hush we follow Nora and Patch. After being paired up as science partners they are forced to see each other everyday at school and even outside of it. This book has a well written plot and storyline. I finished it within 2 days. Lots of tension between Patch and Nora (sometimes you can’t decide if it’s good or bad) but all loose ends are tied up in the end. You can't help but fall for Patch. Come on ladies.... say it with me..... smexxxyyyyy! Loved him!

He's your typical bad boy w/a heart of Gold! I loved how we were able to see the relationship between Nora & Patch develop into something much more. The plot & storyline was well thought out and explained. The book is very easy and enjoyable to read. Besides Patch, my fav character would have to be Vee. That girl is wild crazy. She's what a best friend should be. Often times, during my reading, I'd think to myself, "Where is this girls mother?" :) haha! Vee is just plain out awesome!

Nora was an easy character to relate too (especially since I myself often times take Iron pills) but in some parts of the book she was just too ordinary. I tend to have high expectations for my leading heroines, often times Nora just didn't make the cut. Hopefully she works up a bit of an attitude for the next book, Crescendo.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I like Vee too! I found this book on the shelves and didn't know what it would be like, but I liked it. Can't wait to read Crescendo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts