Review: Absolution (Heavenly #3)


Title: Absolution (Heavenly #3)
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Pages: 220
Challenge: YA Series



My Rating:
Zoe's secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell's most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul. Albert, Matthias' father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so. The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she's brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she loves? -summary from goodreads.com


I did NOT want this series to end! In a way I think I avoided Absolution because I knew this was the last book in the series. But I am SO happy I finally got around to picking it up. I enjoyed it sooo much! Absolution was the perfect ending to such a unique and captivating series. This book grabbed me from the very beginning and didn’t let me go until the VERY last page. Seriously!
Zoe and Matthias' relationship was angelic (no pun intended). The final showdown between Matthias and Albert proved that he would be willing to do anything, even go up against his own father, to keep Zoe’s soul safe. I even enjoyed reading about Weston and seeing him and Zoe grow together. Weston’s drastic transformation throughout all three was believable and totally swoon worthy. When he told Zoe he couldn’t live without her, even though he knew Matthias would always be around… I BAWLED. I cried and cried like a 8-year-old girl.
Of course, I then cried once more at the very end… The ending killed me, but in a good way… And although I love Weston, (I truly do) I kind of wanted Zoe to end up with Matthias. But I understand that it was inevitable, he’s an angel for crying out loud. A very hot, charismatic and charming angel…. but an angel nonetheless. I guess I always knew things would end this way but accepting the facts was a bit more difficult. Mrs. Laurens should write a short epilogue in which Zoe and Matthias meet up in heaven after Zoe’s long and fruitful life with Weston, pleaaseee Mrs. Laurens! Haha! :) A girl can dream, right?!
Haven’t had a chance to read this series? Is the book sitting in your TBR pile as we speak? STOP what you are doing and go read it, NOW! You won’t be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Mmm... I had never read a review of this series before though I had heard of it.

    :)
    Now you have intrigued me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced - I need to pick up this series, lol.
    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a copy of Heavenly but I still haven't read it yet. It looks like I'll have to bump it up in my TBR pile. I'm glad the series ends in a realistic way. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts