Review: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4)



Title: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Challenge: None
Pages: 384

My Rating:
With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged. Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series. - summary from goodreads.com 

Let me just begin by saying that I LOVE this series! Every time another book comes out in this series I get wrapped up in it. In the fourth installment, the events takes place a year after the evens in Rio (from the third novel) and is written from three key character's points of view: Bliss, Schuyler, and Mimi.

Plot wise, there is a lot of action going on as we now know who Bliss really is and begin to see what plans her father is hatching. I really admired Schuyler in this novel, she's traveling the world with no one but Oliver by her side, and she has a team of Venerators on her trail, yet she stays strong and cool. We seem to get some sort of resolution in the Schuyler-Oliver-Jack love triangle.

And NO, (as badly as I want to have someone to talk to about this) I will not reveal what happens. But I will say this- I’m Team Jack all the way. He’s the mysterious, deathly angel with a heart of gold, you can’t help but love him. His passion and love for Schuyler is just freaking hott! Just the way he looks at her, you don’t know if he wants to grab her and kiss her, or… um, do her. He drives me crazy!

Overall, add this book to your TBR pile people! If you’ve made it this far, you won’t be disappointed. One more thing, the ending- it was intense, and I did not see it coming. Just when I thought I had the plot figured out, de la Cruz takes her story and twists it 180 degrees. Well done Mrs. De la Cruz, well done. 

15 comments:

  1. Hi Diana!

    You just won an award! :) You can find it here: http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/7-facts-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can talk about the book! I love the series too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that it's a double award! Congratulations!
    http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/7-facts-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL "and, um...do her."
    I love your enthusiasm but I wasn't feeling this book :( I think it was because I hadn't read the series in so long, I wasn't really engaged in the story, though the ending was definitely intense.
    If I get the time, maybe I'll get the whole series and just read them back to back cuz I would give them a second chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mflick1 OMG! isn't this series just amazing? I am beginning to love Jack more & more!!.. durng the first couple of books, I was leaning more towards Oli... but after reading The VAL you can't help but LOVE Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey !! Thanks for stopping by my blog ;)
    I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I'm honnestly a huge fan of romance in books and Where I Belong wasn't really focused on the romance part .. =)

    I really have to read The Blue Bloods series, I've heard it was great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think what adds to it is he is torn. He's all bonded with Mimi and has been since FOREVER but here is schuyler... all half-breed, tiny, and a mystery... LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. diana! you won one of my bookmarks. the first commenter on my contests always wins! see my blog to get my email so i can get your mailing address! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Blue Bloods the other night! I loved it and am really looking forward the next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "and, um...do her." Was just utterly EPIC LMFAO :D I adore this series! I must get back to it asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I would like to give you the One lovely blog award.
    Come and check my blog to see how you can secure this award for your blog!
    http://lacedlittlemuffin.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well gee! Need to add this series to my list. Sounds like you love it a lot! I just started Hush, Hush and so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @BookGeek - Hush, Hush is an awesome read...fell in love with Patch too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't read this one yet, I was kinda into the series when I first started reading it, but then it lost my interest. Maybe this one can pull me back in! Great Review!

    Also, I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award!
    Check it out here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts