Waiting on Wednesday (6)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection this week is:
Something Strange and Deadly 
by Susan Dennard 

There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia… Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.

Release date: July 24, 2012 (HarperTeen)

I love the premise! This one sounds so unique.... Plus, we get a little bit of everything; romance, action, and mystery.... Yes, please! Not to mention Zombies. I love me a good zombie story :)haha!

What are you waiting for?

9 comments:

  1. YAY we chose the same one :)

    Thanks for sharing...Great pick!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited for this book! I love paranormal novels that are set in the past! And her dress is so big :) Great choice! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT pick!!!

    stop by my post? I have a giveaway! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can always use some more zombies in my life!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love me a little bit of intrigue. Thanks for sharing! I hope you like TEMPEST! Sorry I got it out so late - post office hours are dwindling these days...anywho, enjoy the read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:49 PM

    This was my W.O.W a few weeks back, I sooo want to read it. Zombies are the bomb!Thanks for sharing this wonderous book, I want everyone to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oog this was my pick a few weeks ago I can't wait to get my hands on it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting for this book for a year now. I'm so anxious to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is high on my "to acquire" list, too! Premise, cover, it all sounds so promising. :) Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts