Waiting on Wednesday (4)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection this week is:


Title: Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 352


Summary:
Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings. -from goodreads.com

This Wednesday I'm waiting on Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. Look at that cover, GORGEOUS! Congratulations Ms. Banks, your book is stunning :) and that synopsis?! Kick ass <3 I cannot wait to read this book! I cannot begin to explain how FAR away May 2012 seems.... If only I was smart enough to build me a time machine.... *goes off to study quantum physics & other nerdy science stuff* :)haha!

What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. Awesome pick D! This book looks spectacular :D It is now on my TBR! At first when I read the title and looked at the cover (<- rocking cover!) I thought of the movie, the one with the sinking ship? Yeah anyways, nothing to do with the book! Thanks for sharing :)

    P.S. Ok if you figure out how to invent that time machine... bring me back a copy! Thanks in advance (or well thanks from the past)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Pick:) I cant wait to read this book!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to pick this book for next week! It does look awesome!

    ps-- I <3 Glee too. I watched all of season 1 in 1 day. I couldn't stop myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, that cover is so gorgeous!! I love the whole effect and damn, so many awesome water-themed books coming out in 2012! Meremaids? Something to do with the powers of Poseidon? I'm so excited to find out. WANT. NOW!

    Please can I test out your time machine too?? *smiles* Erm... provided you study more than "Quantum Physics for Dummies" before you build it :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:23 PM

    This cover is stunning and I like the idea of this book though it sounds like there is a bit of insta love.

    I still hope the book turns out good as I'll be adding it to my to-buy list

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely seems like a good book to wait for! And I absolutely love that cover... Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO agree I cannot wait to read this one! I think it sounds SO good and the cover is lovely! Plus, I love anything to do with water!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts