Review: Firelight

Title: Firelight (Firelight #1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 323
Challenge: None
Source: Own e-book
Retailer: BN / Amazon


My Rating:

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form. Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy. -Summary from goodreads.com

Tired of reading YA books on vampires, werewolves, witches, angels, etc.? Looking for a new and refreshing YA read? Well look no further because FIRELIGHT is the book for you. This new world of Drakis is fascinating. Sophie Jordan is a very talented writer; she knows what her audience wants and deliver’s it flawlessly!

Each time I read the description of Jacinda’s dragon skin I'd close the book and admire the front cover…. Ok, and I’d occasionally pet it, too! The plot of Firelight, in one word, was intense. At times, I just couldn't stop reading, and when I had to, I really didn't want to. All of Jacinda's moves made sense, and they weren't just there for advancing of the plot. They were what teenagers would do. This gave the story a more realist touch.

I also loved reading about Jacinda’s midnight strolls and how she had to adapt to human HS so her family wouldn’t be found by their pride. That little speck of fear kept me on edge. Although Jacinda suffers at first because of the dry terrain, I didn’t want the girls to get caught and I definitely didn’t want Jacinda to leave Will. In the words of my fellow blogging Bud Michelle, “Hello Will!” - From his unconditional love to his smoldering good looks; this is one guy you can’t help but fall in love with.

Overall, I loved FIRELIGHT! This book has it all; danger, family drama, attempting to fit in at a new school, jealous mean girls, and that one boy who makes everything worth it. I think Jacinda and Will make my top 5 YA couples. Loved them together! Their relationship is steamy and sizzling; literally. Cannot wait to get my hands on VANISH.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's so good!! I was a bit iffy on this one since I had never read a YA book about dragons before, but since you loved it so much, it seems like I have to check it out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Will!
    I am glad you liked it as much as I did! I just got Vanish in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Now I really want to pick this book up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sophia- you should defintely check it out! you wont regret it! this new dragon world is very intriguing!

    @Michelle- so jealous of ur Vanish, i just ordered it!

    @Jessica- I hope you do! that way you can come back and compare thoughts :D and you know.... talk about Will! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to read this because it's about dragons...dragons!! They're just so cool! Glad it was as awesome as it sounds :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts