Waiting on Wednesday (3)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection this week is:


CINDER
(Lunar Chronicles #1) 
Marissa Meyer
Feiwel & Friends

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.-summary from goodreads.com

Look at that cover! I love it :) and the book summary is just perfect. Not too much info, but enough to make me want it, now! I cannot wait. :)

A classic fairy tale, cyborgs and a dystopian setting?.... Yes, please! It needs to be January 2012, NOW! Want to read some early praise for CINDER? Check our Kry's fab review over at her blog, Bibliopunkk.

8 comments:

  1. This one sounds really interesting and different and the cover is really pretty. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo that souns well cool. Very intriguing. Great cover too.

    Very good choice.

    My blog has changed so makesure you go to the new link...though the old one should redirect you
    www.besottedwithbooks.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I've heard of this one and it sounds awesome!!! Cinderella is one of my favorite princesses (the other is Belle :) ) so I love any rendition of the fairy tale! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:12 PM

    I'm really intrigued about this one!! I think I got an egalley of it. I generally love retellings, but I don't think I've heard of one like this!!

    Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at cyborg dystopian! Rock on Diana! Also, LOVE the new pic. :D How was Hawaii??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:13 AM

    Very informative article you have got here. I love reading this kind of stuff. This is truly a great read for me. I hope to see more articles from you.website hostings

    web hosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, this one sounds so unique!
    Think I will wait until I see some reviews of it first though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read you post its much Interesting. Keep sharing!!
    Hosting Service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts