Review: The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4)

Title: The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 386
Challenge: YA Series
Source: Netgalley


My Rating:

My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl… -goodreads.com



The Iron Fey series is easily one of my favorite series of ALL-TIME! I love everything about it; the characters, the action, the romance…. LOVE IT <3 So you can imagine how excited I was when I heard that Ms. Kagawa would be publishing a 4th novel; The Iron Knight…. I was SUPER stoked! Even more so when I heard it was going to be written from Ash’s point-of-view. Don’t get me wrong,  I was definitely a bit hesitant because I was so attached to Meghan, but I couldn't wait to get a look inside Ash's head. After having finished it a couple hours ago, I can safely say that TIK did not disappoint!

I'll start with an honest confession; while reading TIK, I fell in love with Ash even more. Even though he was raised to be a ruthless warrior and trained to keep his emotions in check, he truly does have a heart of gold. It was nice to see Ash's and Puck's so called "hatred" towards one another turn back into the friendship/comradeship they once had. I'll admit that the story did start off a bit slow, but it quickly picked up the pace. Plus, Puck's sense of humor was just wonderful, it made the story fun to read.

Overall, TIK is pretty much the perfect ending to the series. There was so much action and adventure... and not to mention that unexpected character re-introduction.... I seriously think my jaw dropped! At first I was a bit frightened, I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out. But all in all, everything that happens to Ash in this novel helps him grow overall as a person (So hang in there! Ash endures a lot, but its all for the better good.). Although I am so sad this series is over, I a very much contempt with the way things ended.

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I agree with you completely. It was such a great look into Ash's character and I feel like I really got to know him. Oh, and that surprise you were talking about? Blew. me. away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! wasn't it just insane?! I seriously thought things were going to end badly. So glad all loose ends are tied up in the end! Thanks for stopping by, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! I love Iron Knight and Ash rocked it. Julie did a fabulous job.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Oh! I'm so glad you liked it so much! I'm glad a series you loved so much ended in such a good note!
    I haven't read it yet, but my friend Kylie is trying to get me into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your blog post title and HAD to read this review! I too am a HUGE fan of this series and it'll be bitter sweet to finish this last book.

    I CAN'T WAIT!

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read a single book in this series. I've heard really REALLY amazing things about it though. The only reason I'd never picked it up was because a lot of the fae YA books I'd read hadn't really hit the spot. I have the first in the series, so me thinks I need to finally pick it up. Loved the review, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carbonsteelpipefittings is a manufacturer & exporter of A420 WPL6 Bend, carbon Steel IBR Bend, carbon Steel IBR Buttweld Fittings.It manufactures carbon Steel IBR Forged Fittings, A 350 LF2 Forged Fittings.

    carbon Steel Elbow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts