Review: Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)

Title: Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 432

My Rating:

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood. - goodreads.com

Loved this book.... Dare I say I even enjoyed it more than Vampire Academy? I loved having Sydney as the main character. She is such a remarkable character and it was very easy to relate to her. That stated I also felt so bad for her at times. Here we have this brilliant girl who’s being judged (and frowned upon) for her past actions. The world she thought she knew is turning upside down. We see her mature as a person throughout the book; she learns to work and feel compassion towards her fellow vampire friends, even though she was raised to think they were evil creatures out a soul. Enter Adrian (hooorray and YUM!)...  he’s just as funny and flirty as ever before.  I love the comradeship between Sydney and Adrian and I do hope it develops into something more!

That was the only thing I felt Bloodlines was missing was romance. Having read other novels by Mrs. Mead, I was expecting at least one “smexy” scene in Bloodlines, but there were none. BUT PLEASE, don’t let that stop you from reading this book! Although Bloodlines may be lacking in the romance department, the action and story building definitely makes up for it.

I would definitely recommend this book to all fans of Vampire Academy. If you’re scared Bloodlines won’t live up to its predeceasing series, then I am here to tell you to fear not! There are also many cameo appearance and they totally rocked my socks off! Especially at the end; that last sentence in the book … WOW. The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) needs to be published NOW!

6 comments:

  1. aww so jealous you have this!!. Great review glad you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this! I think I'm going to save the vampire books I want to read for October, though. I want to read VA, too--and it looks like you have already! I've heard this one is a good one, though. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Oh, it's lovely that the spin off series works!
    :) I haven't read any of the other books either, though my friend keeps telling me I should. LOL

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored this one too! I think I like it better than VA. Probably because I can relate to Sydney better than Rose. And Adrian!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book! Great review;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts