Review: Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1)

Title: Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Pages: 345
 
My Rating: 

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts. Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth. With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more. -goodreads.com

This book was so much fun! Harper was easy enough to relate to, but she did get a bit annoying at times. I wish she would have gave into her feelings for David much earlier in the story, it would have made things way easier... but then again I guess there wouldn't have been such an addicting plot... Curse you, Hawkins! The plot progressed at a steady pace, bringing about questions that I needed answers to. Just as one question was answered, another would arise and I would keep saying, "one more chapter!" I want me own Paladin (a warrior and protector), or maybe I can just become one so I won't have to depend on anyone else haha!

My favorite thing about this book is Harper's humorous snark, loved every dialogue between her and David. There were plenty of, "You go girl!" moments and I really wasn't expecting that ending. Only thing I sort of disliked was the romance aspect. The fact that Harper already had a boyfriend really put me on the top of the love triangle. I'm all for staying loyal so it felt weird to secretly be rooting for her and David. A fun fast read that has left me craving for book 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts