Review: Tiger's Voyage

Title: Tiger's Voyage (Tiger's Saga #3)
Author: Colleen Houck
Publisher: Splinter
Pages: 560
Source: ARC Publisher
Buy the Book: BN / Amazon


My Rating:

With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections--leaving Kelsey more confused than ever. Fraught with danger, filled with magic, and packed with romance, TIger's Voyage brings Kelsey and her two tiger princes one step closer to breaking the curse. -summary from goodreads.com


Adventure, peril, culture and romance- this book has it all! 

The blend of mythology, the Hindi language and culture in Tiger's Voyage is complex and altogether captivating. I was fascinated by the journey to visit the five dragons and all the adventures my favorite trio (Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan) had to accomplish to retrieve the Pearl Necklace of Durga. I'm constantly impressed by how much research Colleen does and all the planning she must have done before writing these books. Everything fits together seamlessly, and it's really impressive! I really loved the dragons and the fact that everything was based just as much on Chinese folklore as Indian.
As far as teams…. I’m leaning a bit more towards Kishan (don’t judge me). If you’ve read my past reviews for books one and two, you’d see that I am a dedicated Team Ren fan (even have a book boyfriend post dedicated to him, here). But in Tiger’s Voyage Kishan really does step up his game and at the same time Ren is losing his. But regardless of their actions, they are brothers… Their two side of the same coin, and you can’t help but love them both.
In all honesty, I truly believe that Ren is definitely more suited for Kelsey but sometimes I think they’re relationship is not healthy. They argue all the time and when they do make up, the first thought to come to Kelsey’s mind is “I can’t live without him”…. Am I the only one who see’s this as unhealthy? Don’t get me wrong, I often times think that their best interaction comes when they're fighting…. but I just found their relationship a bit strange this time around.

On the other hand, Kishan is every bit as good-looking and wonderful as his brother. He is much more straightforward and not so sensitive or poetic. Instead of writing a song for a girl he'll just grab her and kiss her, thus telling her how he feels (much more my type). So you can kind of tell why I’m ready to jump teams here… :)haha!

Overall, although Tiger’s Voyage wasn’t my favorite book in the series, I loved every minuet of it. I cannot begin to explain how FAR away next fall is. I need my next dose of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan to take me away, NOW!

7 comments:

  1. You've read book three too? Diana you are so unfair! Lol. Not really but its just I'm so behind I still have to read book 2! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! So your on team Kishan now? I approve! I liked him even in the first book! Senstive is nice but I prefer the straighforward type much better! With you on that. Great review D! I feel your pain for waiting till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *chews fingernails* I don't know, Diana. I'm so on Team Ren. Maybe I'll jump ship too when I get to the third one...I just got Tiger's Quest so I'm very excited to start reading it!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...so unfortunately I haven't started this series...or even heard of the books...hey don't judge me!!! However now I REALLLLLY want to start the series. The cover looks a bit creepy so it's surprising to hear that it consists of romance. I guess it's true, don't judge a book by it's cover! Will be picking this one up asap. thank you for the awesome review :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lulu & Komal- Can't wait to you girls are all caught up. I'm curious to see what you all think of the love triangle. Michelle and I are ready to jump ships.... will you two make the same move? ;)haha.

    @Jaskirat- you should really give it a try. The Tiger's Curse Saga is seriously underrated.... It should have a lot more hype. A LOT! It's so good.

    @Michelle- you read my mind....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:34 PM

    I just saw this book at the store today, it does have a super gorgeous cover IRL.
    Thanks for your review, it does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree that Ren is best suited for Kelsey but there elationship is weird first they're fighting and yelling at each other in famous quotes next thing they're makeing out and all "I cant live without you" well Ren's all " cant live without you but Kelsey's all "I cant live without you but we're not good for each other and i also have this crush on your brother but i love u so much but i have to let you go and you should meet other woman but if i SEE u with another woman ill kill you GOD YOU LOOK AMAZING" it's a little hmm what'sthe write word ....... CREEEPY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts