Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Title: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1)
Author: Kiersten White
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 335
Challenege: None


My Rating:

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures. So much for normal.-summary from goodreads.com

Let me begin by saying that Paranormalcy is not your average paranormal novel. If you were to judge a book by its cover; you’d think this book was a bit more dark and mysterious. On the contrary, Paranormalcy is a fun, delightful read that will have you hooked from page one!
The main character, Evie, is witty, sarcastic, funny, and SUCH a teenager. Evie watches the latest teen TV show religiously, has a BFF, has a crush, and wears zebra print with pink heels. On the other hand, Evie’s also vulnerable and asks for help when she needs it; she hurts and is not afraid to show it. The only thing that stops her from being just like any other ordinary teenager is the fact that Evie is a protected employee at IPCA (the International Paranormal Containment Agency), she doesn't leave the facility except for her missions (she has the unique gift to see through the "glamour" that creatures put on to trick us humans) and isn't allowed to go to high school.
Enter Lend; Lend is an unknown paranormal who gets caught breaking into IPCA. He has the ability to shape shift into anyone. While he's incarcerated at the facility, he and Evie become friends and end up developing a crush on each other. Ms. White manages to make things like handholding, kisses on the forehead, and television watching totally swoon-worthy. I had no idea how, but she does! Then there’s Reth, Evie’s ex-boyfriend, who literally bring s a whole different hot mood to the scene every time he's on the page, so no matter what kind of hottie floats your boat, Ms. White’s got you covered. My fav scene; The PROM! *swoon*

This book will keep you guessing till the end, and even then….. As I was reading Paranormalcy, I kept formulating different theories about who might be the bad guy, who was going to end up with whom, and who was really what creature after all… boy was I wrong. The only thing that bugs me about Paranormalcy is that I still have so many questions! I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel; I hope the author ties up all loose ends.

8 comments:

  1. I wrote a review for this as well, and also loved it.

    I wouldn't expect Kiersten to tie up all of the loose ends in the sequel however; don't forget, Paranormalcy is part of a trilogy--she has to leave something for book three! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to read this one. It sounds so cute! Great review Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this book! But... I had no idea it was a trilogy. Really?? I need to investigate this further...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I love this book <3 I think I like Reth more then Lend (:

    Those Fairy men always get me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh btw great review, once again (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this like now! lol Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:29 PM

    I loved Evie, I resisted to read it for a long time but when I did it was, like, why? this is AWESOME!!!
    :D

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:40 AM

    I loved Paranormalcy! I can't wait for the next one can you?

    :)

    Love your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts