Review: The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2)

Title: The Wiked King (The Folk of the Air #2)
Author: Holly Black
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Pages: 336

My Review:


You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring.  The first lesson is to make yourself strong.  After the jaw-dropping revelation that Oak is the heir to Faerie, Jude must keep her younger brother safe. To do so, she has bound the wicked king, Cardan, to her, and made herself the power behind the throne. Navigating the constantly shifting political alliances of Faerie would be difficult enough if Cardan were easy to control. But he does everything in his power to humiliate and undermine her even as his fascination with her remains undiminished.  When it becomes all too clear that someone close to Jude means to betray her, threatening her own life and the lives of everyone she loves, Jude must uncover the traitor and fight her own complicated feelings for Cardan to maintain control as a mortal in a Faerie world. -goodreads.com

I hate Taryn. She can choke on a big one... She legit is the definition of a traitor to her own blood. Her name should be a synonym for disloyalty. I read somewhere that she's just doing what she "thinks" is right? The f...? 😒 

Ok, now that I got that off my chest... Onto the review, Wicked King picks up right after Cruel Prince (you can read my weird emotional review HERE). Cardan is now King of the realm but is in a way being manipulated by Jude. Ok, not in a way but as in 💯percent being manipulated by Jude. He can't do anything major without the approval of her. Idk why but it bothered me that he's always drunk. Cardan is a great character but when it comes time to BE GREAT, he backs off. Jude is great, I love her. I hate that she trusted the wrong people.

I absolutely adore the world that Black has created. I honestly can't get enough of it. The ending killed me... Literally. I'm not the one typing this, it's my ghost form the great beyond. She's just sticking around bc she has unfinished business with this series and apparently won't be able to move on until November of this year (which is a lot better than January 2020, which was the original release date). Any who, have you read this series? Give me your theories, talk to me, put me out of my miseryyyy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts