Review: Queen Of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3)

Title: Queen Of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3)
Author: Holly Black
Publisher: Little Brown
Pages: 300

My Rating:



He will be destruction of the crown and the ruination of the throne. Power is much easier to acquire than it is to hold onto. Jude learned this lesson when she released her control over the wicked king, Cardan, in exchange for immeasurable power. Now as the exiled mortal Queen of Faerie, Jude is powerless and left reeling from Cardan’s betrayal. She bides her time determined to reclaim everything he took from her. Opportunity arrives in the form of her deceptive twin sister, Taryn, whose mortal life is in peril. Jude must risk venturing back into the treacherous Faerie Court, and confront her lingering feelings for Cardan, if she wishes to save her sister. But Elfhame is not as she left it. War is brewing. As Jude slips deep within enemy lines she becomes ensnared in the conflict’s bloody politics. And, when a dormant yet powerful curse is unleashed, panic spreads throughout the land, forcing her to choose between her ambition and her humanity. -goodreads.com
I literally finished this book in 2 sittings. Currently, I’m laying in bed not knowing how to go on w life QON was utterly great! As soon as I finished I text Ashley over at The Tattered-Page (she's my go to vent buddy, as you can see). Having already finished the book herself, we wallowed in our pain and shared reactions. We both agree that QON had a bittersweet ending.

It picks up right after the events in book 2. Jude is living in the mortal world and dreams of the day when she can have her revenge on Cardan. Enter Taryn... let me quickly say that I HATE Taryn (w a passion!). She comes begging for Jude's help and I couldn't help but scream into my book, "DON'T DO IT, JUDE! She's a lying, manipulative b*!) but of course, Jude agrees to help and yet starts the plot and sends the reader on a whirlwind of adventures. Like seriously, I didn't think so much could happen in ONE book. 

Knowing how the books ends I can be honest and say that QON was worth the wait. I finished book 2 back in May and was legit going crazy! Plus, all of Black's twitter teasers were not helping! But I can sanely say that I enjoyed this book more than I should have. I've you've invested time in books 1 & 2, there's no way in hell you can skip this one. Although the ending is bittersweet, it's a perfect way to say goodbye to this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts