Review: Opal (Lux #3)

Title: Opal (Lux #3)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Pages: 394

My Rating:



No one is like Daemon Black. When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well… There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love. After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different… And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. Together we’re stronger… and they know it. -goodreads.com

Before ya'll hate me, my 3 heart rating is more of a 3.5 rating. Even though Opal had some HOTTT Daemon scenes, Katy made some really stupid choices... especially when it came to Blake. It just didn't seem realistic, but then again, I get it, I'm reading an ALIEN novel, nothing realistic about it. I was just sooo mad at Katy. She choose to not trust Daemon AGAIN by not telling him about Blake. She made stupid ass decisions throughout the whole book that just foreshadowed at the fact that she was going to f* up their mount weather mission.

If I could some up this book in one word, it would be letdown. I was SO excited to start Opal after I finished Onyx (which I loved by the way, read my review HERE), and now that I've finished it, I can't tell you one memorable part from it.... Honestly!... Ok, maybe one part (spoiler, highlight to read) Daemon and Katy finally have sex, but that's it! Opal was very uneventful up until the last 10 pages.

There were so many things that were just wrong in this book... Kat trusted Blake, again, he screwed her over, again! Daemon went from being this total bad ass to total sweetheart which, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed very much.... but just because a guy's sweet doesn't mean he has to be less bad ass. Also, what was the point to introducing us to the whole Opal concept? Kat had it on her hand during mount weather and didn't do shit! It was supposed to enhance her abilities and when she was confronted by Simon, she choked. 😒

Hate to say it but Opal was a "filler" book. I have book 4 but I'm a little hesitant to start it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts