Review: Obsidian (Lux #1)

Title: Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Pages: 266
Challenge: None
Source: Own Nook Ebook
Buy the Book: B&N / Amazon

My Rating:

Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.  The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is.
 

I cannot begin to explain how flipping amazing this book was. The plot, the characters, the story line… everything was phenomenal! This whole novel was brilliantly original, you be hooked from the first page. The characters in this novel were some of my favorite of all time.

Kate is a fierce, strong-willed character who I really enjoyed having as the protagonist. Her determination on finding out what was going on in her new home town kept me thoroughly entertained. I loved the fact that she’s a blogger, but my favorite scenes were the ones with Daemon. Only thing that bugged me about her was the fact that she denies her feelings for Daemon.

Speaking of Daemon… Dear Lord, please bring me Daemon wrapped up for Christmas this year. Amen….. haha! But seriously, let me just take a minute to swoon! I just absolutely LOVED Daemon. He is the king of book-boyfriends. From first perspective, he's nothing like your typical YA book boyfriend... he's cocky, arrogant and rude. But once you get to know him you'll see beyond the exterior layers and see the "true" him. Kinda sucks book 2 won't be released until August :(

9 comments:

  1. Diana I am so happy you loved this book! It became my personal Bible! :D I am so searching around the world to find my Daemon! lol. But really <3 <3 <3

    Have you read his POV? If you haven't, you really should!! ;)
    http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.com/2011/12/1000-votes-daemons-pov-from-obsidian.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should start a Daemon fan club :)haha! Personal bible... i like that!

      Delete
  2. I have it on my TBR next after this one I am reading right now. Will report back then to comment! Talk to you soon D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess! let me know how it treats you! I personally loved it and I hope you will too! ;)

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this one, Diana! I thought it was pretty fabulous, and I am RIGHT THERE with you, swooning over Daemon. I really truly cannot wait to see where Jennifer takes him and Katy in Onyx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad you enjoyed reading this book that much !! I've heard great things about Jennifer L. Armentrout's books but honestly this one is probably the one I've heard the less about ... I'm going to add it to my wishlist ;) !!
    I still have to read Half Blood (which is sitting on my shelves) !
    Great review Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dear Lord, please bring me Daemon wrapped up for Christmas this year. Amen"

    LOL, Diana! You crack me up. I know that you don't make statements like, "He is the king of book-boyfriends" lightly, so because of this, I will just have to see for myself. :)

    I'm excited. Maybe after I read about Daemon, I'll ask for him for Christmas too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your review! I've already been majorly eager to pick up and read this one. I purchased the eBook for my Nook about a month ago I just haven't been able to squeeze it into my reading pile. *sad face*

    Thanks for making me even more hungry to read this one!


    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im glad you enjoyed this book more than I. I read so many awesome reviews about it that I guess my expectations were way too high. I liked it but it didnt WOW me at all. Yet, Im eager to read the sequel because probably I wasnt in the right mood when I read it. I still cant believe everybody has given this book 5 stars when I gave it 3. SOmething must be wrong with me XDD That;s why Im still reading the sequel! something must be wrognt with me XDD
    Excelletn review btw!! muah!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts