Author signing: Becca Fitzpatrick

 
A couple weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to attend a signing of Ms. Becca Fitzpatrick. I cannot begin to explain how nervous I was. My hands were literally shaking!....

Hush, Hush is one of my "drug" series; I just can't get enough. When I found out that Ms. Fitzpatrick was coming to a bookstore near me for her SILENCE tour, I FLIPPED! I could not believe my luck! Thank goodness the parental units decided to move to Southern California ;)

The signing itself was going to be at Mrs. Nelson's Toy & Bookstore. Thanks to traffic I arrived a bit late, they were already halfway through introductions. I missed Becca's intro (booo!) but, to my surprise, there were 2 other authors that were accompanying her; Ms. Moira Young (Blood Red Road) and Ms. Elizabeth Miles (Fury).

My camera ran out of juice so I had to use my crappy cell
After introductions the authors each read from their novels. I hadn't heard much about Fury so I was very intrigued when Elizabeth began reading. I enjoyed her enthusiasm so much, I ended up buying a copy and getting it signed.

Elizabeth Miles and I
Moira was HILARIOUS! I loved her witty comments and creative answers. She also read from her novel Blood red Road and I was able to capture it on video for you guys ;)


After the readings, the floor was opened up for some Q&A. The authors answered some questions in regards "writing experiences"; when they write, where they write, how they handle rejection, story/character development etc. Speaking of Character development, when asked where she got the name "Patch" from, Becca shared with us that the name Patch subliminally came to her while she was watching Days of Our Lives. Hush, Hush Patch was inspired by the character Patch, on NBC's soap-opera Days of Our Lives. You heard it here, first ;)haha! Only messing....

After Q&A, which was so much fun but was cut short due to time restraints, came the signing. It was so nice getting to meet and talk to these lovely ladies in person. Elizabeth is one of the nicest people you will ever meet! Moira is just amazing & Ms. Fitzpatrick- she's so cool. (I know that sounds so lame, but it's the truth). I don't know why I was nervous to meet her, she's just awesome. I even got her to give a little shout-out to all my blog readers <3


Overall, I had such a fun afternoon. I think it's safe to say that the SILENCE book tour signing at Mrs. Nelson's was a success! A big shout out to the store staff, you were all so helpful and welcoming! And a big thank you to the authors (and publishers). Events like these give us readers a rare, but awesome opportunity to meet the mastermind behind our favorite book/story and for that, I thank you :D

Here's to hoping more author signings make it to Southern Cali <3

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm addicted to the Hush, Hush series too and have yet to read silence. (Don't tell me!) :)

    I'm with you on the author signings too...so much fun for those of us that love the books...great to meet the authors in person.

    (Insert pout here that I'm an East Coaster and didn't get to go to this one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks so much for sharing D! I really enjoyed the videos but I bet it was just AMAZING to be there in person :) Lucky you... not many signings here in B.C. lol I'm really happy you got to meet Ms. Fitzpatrick!! I <3 reading about these things!

    P.S. I do my hair the exact same way as you!! Except my hair is blonde :D I have no idea why I needed to mention this but there you go! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! I would be incredibly nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -_- You are so lucky lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I went to their tour stop here in Utah a few weeks ago. It was so much fun. Thanks for posting the video of Moira Young reading! She didn't get to read at our event, and I LOVE the way she read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Love all the pictures and it looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please know I do read (and appreciate) each post! I often times return the love :)

Related Posts